Panorama photos same as 16:9?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I have been trying to find a compact digital camera that takes photos in the widescreen 16:9 format, and I have seen many that say they take panoramic shots. Are panorama photos the same thing, or just similar to, 16:9 widescreen photos? Some of the higher end cameras actually specify 16:9 widescreen photo capability, but I was wondering if the cameras that only say panaramic are the same. Anyone know? And, I am considering the canon S3 IS as a member recommended in a different thread,,,,any other suggestions in the $200-$300 U.S. currency price range?

No im pretty sure that panoramic photos are not the same as widescreen, panoramic camera's have different types of lenses (not sure if widescreen do i think its just a processing option) to capture more of the scenery (cud be wrong but i think its right) ie a panoramic view, whereas switching to widescreen still captures the same amount of scenery but converts the image to w/s

Thanks. I've been doing some research, and it seems that panoramic photos just refers to a wide view photo without any real standards. The widescreen 16:9 format takes the photo in a standard 16:9 format which should display correctly on widescreen tv's and computer monitors. I ended up going with a Canon Powershot SD850 IS (here's the link to it on the canon website http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=15262 ). It was a compact point and shoot camera like I wanted, and it takes photos (and video too) in the widescreen 16:9 format.

Back
Top Bottom