Page cannot be displayed keeps showing up

danny_2132

Baseband Member
Page cannot be displayed keeps showing up no matter what browser i use. its not a connection problem because it doesnt happen on any other computer.

It still could be a connection problem.

Do you have a network connection? Can you ping any websites? Can you ping any other computers? Are you getting an IP address from the router?

You need to tell us more information

Are you using a wireless connection

Laptop?

Ethernet?

Basic thing is to turn off your modem for ten seconds, then turn it back on.
If that doesn't work reset.
If that doesn't work simply call you ISP (Internet Service Provider)
First one usually fixes it.

ok im running windows vista sp2 on a compaq desktop, 2.66ghz quad, 4gb ram, and im networked through a pci wireless card.

like i said before the internet works fine on every other computer i have in my house.

the problem is that when i click some links or any page sometimes it goes to page cannot be displayed, i have to press refresh a few times before the page loads. this happens frequently about every second link i press and its getting really annoying

Internet Explorer or Fire Fox?

if you can, try to download fire fox, and install it to your computer an see if that works, IE before wouldnt work but i put FF on my PC an it worked great

You could try to repair the IP stack here is the command,

click start > run > type cmd then enter in the DOS box type:

netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt

see if that fixes it for you good luck.

umm ive got internet explorer 8, firefox and google chrome and it happens on all 3 browsers and ive already tired repairing the ip stack, i saw it in another forum and tried it but it doesn't work. I've had this problem for a while now and i really want to fix it...

Try uninstalling IE 8 and going back to 6 or 7 and see if that helps. Make sure that FF is updated to FF 3 (I had a similar problem in FF 2). Make sure that it's not some kind of spyware or virus. Run an AVG scan and a Malware Bytes - Anti-Malware scan. Both are free programs.

Back
Top Bottom