P4 Prescott Users

b182tm

In Runtime
What are your CPU temps, idle and load? Also, state what HSF or cooling method you are using.

Mine are around 51 Celcius idle, load about 70 Celcius. Stock HSF. I'm just wondering how my temps compare to yours.

Thanks,
D

Sorry for not being an Intel user, but CPU's are my thing.

Thats a sound temperature. Have seen them a bit cooler though, but not by much (4-5 degree's).

You think those temps are acceptable? Isnt it very bad for the CPU to get up to 70 Celcius? If I leave my comp. on at night, it rises to 68 celcius idle in the morning. Wont the life of the CPU be shortened?

My CPU is idle at 52C, can go up to 65C, but the highest was a huge 76C because of a stupid program

And does that idle temp. worry you lhuser? How long have you had that processor?

Thanks guys,
D

Right now my CPU temperature is 52C, not to much, underload I expect only a little increase, nothing to much. I'm using a CPU fan and heatsink, not stock.

Not sure how hot mine is. Pentium D. Leave mine all night, and all day. Not any problems.

b182tm said:
You think those temps are acceptable? Isnt it very bad for the CPU to get up to 70 Celcius? If I leave my comp. on at night, it rises to 68 celcius idle in the morning. Wont the life of the CPU be shortened?

Nah, won't be shortened at all. I wrote something on another thread to do with heat on the P4, so heres the link to the page. Just look for my post [connchri]

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=28472&page=3&pp=10

Back
Top Bottom