P4 3.2 Extreme Edition (skt 478) is it worth it??

soo would the Intel Pentium 4 640 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.2GHz be the same as that 478 EE 3.2GHz, coz they r at the same speed, both as 800 MHz bus speed and both got 2MB L2 Cache, well the EE is on L3.

Well i guess thats made my mind up. No point paying a high price for something that isnt really going to benefit.

Thanks for the help guys.

As for the Asus CT-479 idea i can pick one up for £25 ($43) but then would need to get a Pentium M processor and i am not so sure that i would see any benefit except maybe a cooler machine.

Id just stick with what you have dude. Dont worry about it, besides the M's are more for laptops.

r_moore04 said:
soo would the Intel Pentium 4 640 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.2GHz be the same as that 478 EE 3.2GHz, coz they r at the same speed, both as 800 MHz bus speed and both got 2MB L2 Cache, well the EE is on L3.

No, it has shorter pipelines then a Pent 4. I would say that this EE works like a low level FX.

P-M out perform P4s by a long shot. Someone got their P-M to perform like a stock FX-57.

Wah?

How? I thought they were made to conserve energy and all that. Lol, gotta source, I gotta see this!

Back
Top Bottom