Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: p4

Yeah, you could expose to static electricity and ruin your mobo and everything. Just try to be careful, and keep clothes that conduct electricity away from it.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Ummm, thread revival?

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #13
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Tech N9ne

mammikoura "My P4 goes to like 80C sometimes when gaming since the current hs/fan sucks" Holy hell man that's really bad man im suprised it hasent melted yet haha anything over 60c is really bad if your looking for a good heatsink depending on what socket your cpu is and if its AMD or Intel take a look a zalman heatsinks there wicked good i had a stock p4 fan it sounded like a fricken jet it was retarted then once i got that zalman heatsink it doped a good 8c and is dead silent.. also consider getting some artic silver thermal paste that stuff helps alot to .. and are you 100% sure its running at 80c because from what i was told anything over 60c is really bad and should have your comp shut off.. Mabey your sensor's are messed up or somthing? cause i know mine are they jump from like 40+ to like -2 within seconds haha jsut thought i might ask you about that.. and for you ghost that seems like a pretty good temp for OCING but i would suggest not OCING it to much cause it might overheat or somthing right. hope this helps
Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

P4's (atleast most of them, including the one I have) have a max temp of 80C. After that I think it starts to slow down so that the temp doesn't go any higher. Actually just got my new Zalman hs/f and now it goes to about 70C under 100% load with the side of the case open, and to about 74C under 100% load with the case closed. But I'm not worried about my temps, though I might get a case fan.. and when winter comes the temps will definitely drop a little since the air temperature will be lower too.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
P4's (atleast most of them, including the one I have) have a max temp of 80C. After that I think it starts to slow down so that the temp doesn't go any higher. Actually just got my new Zalman hs/f and now it goes to about 70C under 100% load with the side of the case open, and to about 74C under 100% load with the case closed. But I'm not worried about my temps, though I might get a case fan.. and when winter comes the temps will definitely drop a little since the air temperature will be lower too.
are u sure that the temps are being read correctly?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
are u sure that the temps are being read correctly?
no. I'm using a program called asus probe, came with my mobo. Also checked them from the bios a long time ago, and atleast then they were about the same ones that asus probe gave me. I could check them again from the bios when I get home.

And just keep in mind that 100% load will produce more heat than say light gaming. (meanin games that don't use more than say 60% of the cpu)
Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
no. I'm using a program called asus probe, came with my mobo. Also checked them from the bios a long time ago, and atleast then they were about the same ones that asus probe gave me. I could check them again from the bios when I get home.

And just keep in mind that 100% load will produce more heat than say light gaming. (meanin games that don't use more than say 60% of the cpu)
do u have a phycial temp monitor (i.e case temp monitor) alot of times the mobo doesn't read right, i use asus probe 2 and mine says it's really low, and i know it is because i can touch the lowest part of the heatsink and it's only warm, plus my phycial temp monitor says 111 under load when it's shoved in the heatsink fan at the point closest to the processor
Old 07-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #18
Golden Master

no, I just have the one that is integrated to the mobo.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

hmmm, i would try hovering ur hand beside the heatsink and see if alot of heat is comming from it, if not possibly tap the heatsink lightly at the bottem's side. if it's not hot, just warm then i bet ur mobo is lying O.O