overloading ram?

catastrophi

Beta member
Recently my ram has been running at 52% capacity when I'm giving it a relatively light load. (firefox ie, itunes) I'm running 32bit vista right now with 2gb or ram. Does anyone know what may be wrong? or how to fix it? :confused:

Go to the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and see how many processes you are running. The number should be at the bottom.

It should be completely fine though, Firefox uses a good amount of memory, and so does Windows Vista on it's own.

yeah thats about right i get about 42% with just firefox and about 45% with itunes and FF so thats about right

Vista is dong it's normal thing. It caches to RAM instead of the Hard drive like XP would do. It'll dump what's in there into a paging file if needed.

it says i'm running 68 processes in the task manager. I heard vista would do this, but if i play a game also it'll steadily climb up to 90%.

It's all normal. If it needs the space, it'll free it up. If not, it'll just use what's currently open. Vista only caches to the paging file if it's absolutely necessary as it kills performance.

Back
Top Bottom