overheating while playing games

CloudKicker

Solid State Member
hello i have a big problem i just bought a new system i just put it all together and now when i start up a game 1 min into it my alarm start to go off saying my cpu is overheating i have a program telling me what it is at its at 78c while i am playing and as soon as i shut it off it will drop to 65c under seconds if anyone know anything please help me

i have a .......

lga 775 pentium 4 2.8
aa8xe abit motherboard
200g maxtor sata harddrive
512 stick of ram ddr2
nvidia 6600 pci-express video card

anything else you need to know ill answer any questions
thanks alot

Dude thats hot!!! Try reseatin ur heatsink/fAN and reapplying thermal grease!! If that doesn't work get a better heatsink/fan, can i ask which one u've got!

So its standard, well try reseatin it!! If not u may need to fork out 30 quid or 50 dollars!

65c is some serious heat man that aint very good for your proc, what did you do? OC a smepron or sumthin to run at 3.5g's? (lol)

Just reseat the HSfa dn do what ardy told you too, that should do it. Also you should use everest or sisoft sandra to measure temps. oth can be found by searching g-o-o-g-l-e

wow dude, that is hot, shouldn't be that hot with stock cooling either. be sure your hsf is oriented correctly too

How many fans do you have in your case?

By the way your cpu would start slowing down a 80C

Fans in a case doesnt really affect the cpu's temp, just the mobo's and cases temp.

mine is 62c idle
but then again i play HL2 with no problems, maybe the fan got effed up and its not spinning, that happend to my friend, so just take it off and put it back on and if that doesnt work, GET A ZALMAN ALL COPPER HS/FAN!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom