Overheating Problems

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
Help me… my new computer is overheating… ASUS PC Probe is giving me two overheating problems - CPU and MB. My CPU temp is currently 63 degress Celsius and my mobo is 52, with the CPU fan running at 5100rpm and the chassis fan running at 2700rpm. Also my gfx card is running at 71 degrees Celsius…

I think I need a new case the one I have is quite old.

Here is my system:
AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
2GB Samsung DDR400 RAM
Maxtor SATA 300GB Hard drive
Antec NeoHe 550W power supply
Antec case fan (chassis fan)
ASUS 6800GT

I am about to buy an Antec P180 case will this make things any better, this will have 1x onboard gfx card fan, 1x case gfx fan, 1x case power supply fan, 1x power supply fan, 1x top case fan, 1x rear case fan, 1x front case fan, 1x cpu fan

Also my computer is full loud atm coz I think my gfx card fan is running at 100 percent due to the 71 degree temperature

Thats wierd, are you using intakes or outtakes?
That could make a differene if you use an outtake on chassis, get a new case with alot of fan holes, get a full tower :p

CleaN up the wires for better air flow that should help a little..make sure all the fans arent just canceling each other out ( there all bringing air in ect.) try to have like 2 intakes 1 out take for example that might help...if that doesnt help than yeah maybe its time for a new case..

That's extremely hot, especially for an AMD system because they produce such less heat that a Pentium, but that's hot even for a Pentium! For now, you might want to get a floor fan (the ones like 2 feet across that stand on the floor and cool big areas) and put it on low next to your computer with the side off. Dev's right, make sure your fans are set right. You typically want intakes in the front, outtakes in the back, and either an intake/outtake on the side if your case supports it (personally I use it as an intake fan, because it blows right on the memory which keeps that component cool).

Back
Top Bottom