Overheating issues?

Joshuagiraffe

Beta member
Okay, so my new computer was not starting up properly/at all, it would start up and 5 secounds later would shut down, me and my freind ran tests and checks etc. to see what could be causing this, we think we have found the answer, and that is that the cpu is overheating for some reason. WHen my friend pushed on the cpu cooler slighty when we powered up the system it ran until he let off of the pressure at which point it would turn off after 5 secounds, me friend believes that the heat sink isnt making enough contact with the processor. When i first got the processor and heatsink (Pentium 820 D) i removed the stock thermal solution and bought some arctic silver, and that is wherei am now, my freind suggested reapplying the thermal compound and seeing where that got me. I did this and my computer now stays on for 10-15 secounds but still shuts off. Does anyone have any ideas on anything i can/should be doing or have any tutorials on how to apply thermal solution is the case i was doing it wrong?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom