Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Unhappy overheating ? how to diagnose ?

hi everybody, i know your all proberbly bored of this thread but could do with a good place to start. i already posted bout my game crashin 15 minutes into play, i thought it might be the specs of my computer, all of which are well upto date and more than needed, except i only have the minimum ram of 512mb. but reading some of your responces leads me to think maybe overheating of the processor or the graphics card. Thou i have my doubts as i have never known to have had this problem. i once had a problem when i was living in Hungary when it was crashin during gameplay, and upon taking it to some1 the first thing they did was to check if there were any overheating problems, of which there were none, and the problem of it crashing turned out to be there not being the right current or power in the house (were talkin pre war electrics) but that crashed in a slightly differant way then, this game the monitor just pings off and the sound jams up an repeats, if that makes sense, i try pressin the windows key and it dose flick back but the game is there kinda like the wallpaper but the start menu an everything is just frozen, an i have too reboot........????????

hungar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: overheating ? how to diagnose ?

also i have assigned the maximum virtual memory in my computer, defraged , turned all other programs off, optimised windows for program performance not display, defraged, here are my specs if any1 intrested : AMD64 ATHALON 3200+, ATI RADION 9800 PRO, 160 GB MAXTOR HD, 512MB RAM, RUNNIN WINDOWS XP HOME. the game asks for p4 or amd equivilant minimum 512mb ram and nvidia or 9000 series radion, please help yall. the game for a start seems shit hot, which makes it worse, and the not knowing why is just as bad........please help

Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Well the problem you described reminds me of something I had with my game too. But it was with the game not the computer. I downloaded the patch for it and it started to work. I would check for patches. Then if it continues I would monitor the temperature in the case. see what's going on.
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤
PCNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Baseband Member

thanks for your reply, what software would you use to find out tempetures, also wether it matters but before when some1 thought just in case it is overheating they stuck an extra fan inside to be safe ??????????
Old 01-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
Baseband Member

i have looked for patches but never found any, found some old postings off edios's forum but they were on about the emo not workin properly
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
Baseband Member

rightio here's the dilio, got the latest drivers an microsoft net framework, turned off ma wallpaper an screen saver everything, no programs runnin, so what the hell should i do, accept that its never going to work i cant do that
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Use this program to monitor temp

Everest

http://www.lavalys.com/

LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote