Overclocking a Success

I trust cpuz, the difference between 1.304v idle and 1.280 - 1.274v under load is your vdroop. That's minimal vdroop.

1.33725v to 1.304 is vdrop, it is around the same as mine at .03v

Do you have load line calibration enabled in your bios?

EDIT: Did you try 500MHz FSB x 8 multiplier?

yes load line calibration is enabled and nope i havent tried 500mhz fsb x 8 multiplier. have you?

yep, same deal, will boot and run but as soon as I stress it it fails, it's bloody annoying to be honest.

I really didn't want to go over 1.35v (bios) but now that my chip turns out to have the temperature sensor bug I might just throw caution to the wind and go for broke, i've still got the Q6600 as a back up if I fry the E3110 (and the X3350 or X3360 are looking tempting too)

I tried heaps of voltages and in the end even whacked it on auto, same deal

I've got a three day weekend this weekend, I'll have more time to play around with it

EDIT: Didn't wait for the weekend, started this afternoon. I think I found the problem, when I was at 3.6GHz I had my memory at 1333MHz with the Ai Clock Twister set to Strong and I just had it set in my mind that my 4GHz attempts couldn't be failing because of the memory because it runs fine at that. It appears that it doesn't ring true at 4.0GHz lol.

I've backed it off to Light and I'm presently fine tuning.

EDIT2:

It seems to be stable at these settings, I'm going to run Prime tomorrow morning when it's not so warm here (currently 28°C)

Teaser screenie from last night and Everest Bench

Bios Template, E3110 + Asus P5E3 (Bios 0904) + Kingston HyperX DDR3 1066

40ghzbiostemplatexy4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom