Overclocking.....Sould i...........

Okay, I know this is almost a stupid question, but I've been using the Clockgen, and I do believe I've gotten my Intel Celeron M to overclock, but I can't exactly tell. The clock for the CPU on the program itself has increased dramatically from 1599 to 2142, and my computer seems to be a bit less laggy. One of my ridiculous questions is how can I find out if my computer has increased in processor speed? I've read a lot of these threads, not most or probably half considering I've just got on these boards, from what I've read/used, the programs that you use to determine such information take up a lot of space and memory on your computer. I find that annoying with but 512 ram and 74.2 GB on my computer as of right now.

PS: One bit of knowledge for you: my computer has been frequently freezing or shutting off the monitor (or overheating, I'm not sure which is more relevant), and If I were to open more than the normal amount of programs at once (normal being the browser and windows media player). I do belive my problems are consistant with ones of overclocking computers, and the general temperature has increased some.

I don't mean to be bothersome in my blatant conspicuity.

get cpu-z. It's a really nice little program. And as for using too much space, hell no. Wait a min, I'll check. Okay, cpu-z folder = 0.98mb.

SheikZ said:
Okay, I know this is almost a stupid question, but I've been using the Clockgen, and I do believe I've gotten my Intel Celeron M to overclock, but I can't exactly tell. The clock for the CPU on the program itself has increased dramatically from 1599 to 2142, and my computer seems to be a bit less laggy. One of my ridiculous questions is how can I find out if my computer has increased in processor speed? I've read a lot of these threads, not most or probably half considering I've just got on these boards, from what I've read/used, the programs that you use to determine such information take up a lot of space and memory on your computer. I find that annoying with but 512 ram and 74.2 GB on my computer as of right now.

PS: One bit of knowledge for you: my computer has been frequently freezing or shutting off the monitor (or overheating, I'm not sure which is more relevant), and If I were to open more than the normal amount of programs at once (normal being the browser and windows media player). I do belive my problems are consistant with ones of overclocking computers, and the general temperature has increased some.

I don't mean to be bothersome in my blatant conspicuity.

I second what mammikoura said...CPU-Z. I'm sure there are other ways, but this is probably the most space-efficient, at under a megabyte. And dang...is that a mobile processor? :eek: That's a very nice overclock. Have you been monitoring the processor's temperatures, because that could be the problem with your freezing/shutting off. I don't know where the limit is on the mobile processors though. For me, when I experienced instability once I just upped the voltage and it worked fine. I don't think that would be a good idea with a mobile processor though. I really don't have any good ideas as to why it's doing that, maybe try running with it at its normal speeds and see if it still occurs?

Whenever I restart after it shuts off the monitor or just freezes when I up it, the settings return, I and usually forget I was doing that because it takes a while to boot up.

PS The program I was talking about earlier was in the General Forum's sticky about what you should tell the other people on the board about your computer. - Everest 2.20 - 500MB

(reason for double posting is to get my question answered quicker if possible, considering this thread is dwindling down to the bottom of the page)

I was looking through YouTube to find a laptop starting up, and to see what might be the norm nowadays (I've only been on my mom's computer which has slow memory, and not a lot of it).

This ASUS can reboot in 36 seconds, and I was wonderinng what kind of processor speed does one have to own to achieve such a feat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=png1GGUkvc4

its probably just that type of computer, and what all it has to go through in the boot process, my 1501 dell dual core laptop reboots in just under 40 seconds and its all stock, nothing oc'ed, and in bios you can select whether you want a full bootup, what you want to boot, so he may not be booting much and may have it on quick boot, but i could be completely wrong, just saying that my laptop boots in under 40 seconds

windows has a huge effect on boot times. With a fresh install of windows it will load windows a lot faster = faster boot time.

Back
Top Bottom