Overclocking a Sempron 2800+ ???

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Hi, just bought a load of new parts for my computer which i will be putting together after christmas. I was originally going to get an Athlon XP 2500+ and overclock it to around 3000 (because its technically an 'underclocked' 3200+) but every site i found with it on was out of stock. So i got fed up of lookin for it so i ended up gettin a sempron 2800 which i know isn't as good but i was hoping to change that by maybe overclocking it, if thats possible? I haven't a clue if these things can be overclocked and if they can what can they be overclocked to? Thankyou, and help would be greatly appreciated! The new motherboard is a gigabyte which will support an xp3200 or a sempron 3000. And the cooler is a cooler master which can support an xp3200 or a sempron 3000. Thanks

the thing with overclocking is Don't do it if you don't know what you are doing, for all i know you might be really good at it but from reading your post i am not sure.

try not to overclock if you can avoid it !

yeah rat_boy_100, I don't understand why all of the 2500 barton's are out of stock. The price jumped like HELL over the past few months. When I started looking at them they were $80-90. Now you'll be hard pressed to find one for $100-120. I don't understand. And I would think that you would just go into your bios and go that route, but that's just what I think.

Get some advice and get as much information as possible before you try it and if possible get someone with experience or who knows exactly what they are doing to help you

i overclocked my 2500+ to a 3200+ by changing my fsb to 400MHZ simple.

ok well no i dont know how to overclock the technical way but my motherboard came with a piece of software called 'Easytune 4' which by the description is an quick and simple overclocking utility. Anyone heard of this?

Ok well if i dont think the sempron isn't up to scratch when i get it set up i could always sell it and get an xp cus theyw ere both about £60. Can you PM me some sites that have it in stock please?

Back
Top Bottom