Overclocking Question

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I have a gateway computer(only the mobo and cpu are actually existing from the gateway original setup), and i know that i cant overclock because gateway locks the bios :(
so i was reading and i read that if you take out you battery and do somehintg...you can erase your bios, will this work, if i try it, or will it just mess up my computer

thanks

I hvae a gateway too (my sig)(updated) and I was wondering the same thing. I've oc'ed my grpahics card, but that's about it. I dunno. I contacted customer service, but they said no way, they won't tell me, let alone she didn't even know, the first representitive. had to call in her supervisor. Where did you read that, about erasing the bios? I've tried everyhting, searched all throughout my bios and setup, but nothing... *sigh*

I think Dell locks overclocking settings, so even if you reset the BIOS, the settings that need to be changed will still be locked. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing no.

Actually the easiest way you could probably oc is by using the pin trick... or so i hear. This just is modifying the pins on the underside of the cpu with what looks like very small elastic rubberbands. You should try a google search and see if you can turn something up.

http://www.hwupgrade.com/overclock/cpu/index9.html

here's an example of some things other people do to oc older machines.:D

by removing the battery, you reset the bios, i dont know if they lock it through hardware or software.

Back
Top Bottom