Overclocking my CPU

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so i was reading some guides that were posted here, and i got some, but not all.
Back then when i OC, all i did was the FSB, and nothing else.
But i saw that in order to succeed in OC'ing, you have to raise the FSB, raise the Voltages, and Lower the multiplier.

I have a few of questions.
1. when OC'ing the FSB, how much should i go by until it goes unstable? my friend told me to go up by 5.
2. after reaching the state if instability, do i lower the multiplier or the up the volts?
3. If by multiplier, how low should i make it go down to see if its stable?
4. if by upping the volts, how much should i up by to see if its stable?
5. Whats highest safest voltages? i dont want to fry any of my stuff.
6. Whats the max temperature that my CPU can handle?

I wont be OC'ing till i get teh OCZ Vendetta 2, and some AS5
Thanks in advance

The max temp for your cpu is 65c. I don't know that much about overclocking to give good advice. Just see what others say.

1. when OC'ing the FSB, how much should i go by until it goes unstable? my friend told me to go up by 5.
It's not technically the FSB, AMD CPUs do not use the FSB.
Small jumps at a time from 5 - 10, whatever you're comfortable with.
2. after reaching the state if instability, do i lower the multiplier or the up the volts?
Depends how much voltage your already feeding it, and what your temps are. Max voltage for a 65nm CPU is around 1.55V. If you feel you can achieve stability then up the voltage, if you've reached the limit, just reduce the CPU frequency very slightly.
3. If by multiplier, how low should i make it go down to see if its stable?
It depends on whether your motherboard can handle the higher bus speeds, if it can, go with a higher bus speed and lower multi to achieve the required frequency, lower bus speed and higher multi will always make for an easier overclock though.
4. if by upping the volts, how much should i up by to see if its stable?
Just small jumps, use the jumps available through your BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom