Overclocking my CPU

kkevvy

Baseband Member
Hey everyone. I was wondering if theres some way I could overclock my processor. I know it can be done, I'm just not sure. I searched the forums, but couldn't really find anything. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor, 2.4 Ghz. I have air cooling, I could get some new fans in there, thats no prob, maybe upgrade the fan and heatsink on the CPU, thats not a big deal. I was just hoping someone here might know :). Thanks a bunch!

Usually theres a program that comes with athlons, if u didnt get it search for overclocking programs in google. Otherwise do "stuff" in the bios.

dude watch wat u say on the forums. ide edit it out. still little kids here. and do it in the bios its much safer.

Well, how do I do it in the Bios? I'm good with some computer stuff but not all :). Hehe. Thanks a bunch!

Unlike Intel, the Athlon 64 has no front side bus at all. The memory controller is integrated into the CPU and works at the full core frequency. The chipset is connected with the CPU by means of the Hyper-Transport bus working at 800MHz or higher. The HT parameter is initially set to 200MHz, which you can increase during CPU overclocking. This frequency is generated by the mainboard and serves as a basis for forming the CPU clock rate. This procedure is done through the motherboard BIOS.

I dont wanna look, but does that also deal with flashing bios.. just wondering, cause i need to do that, to oc mine..

arrizx said:
I dont wanna look, but does that also deal with flashing bios.. just wondering, cause i need to do that, to oc mine..
to be honest flashing my mobo bios was not nice. Took me very long, but then again I think I was 13 then and not too experienced with computers.

Just find a program that is ment for flashing ur mobo (I had it on the cd that came with my mobo) and then find the bios u want to flash it to. Then just follow the instructions (which are most likely found on the readme file of that flashing program or then google) It might take time before u get it to work, and remember it's not 100% safe.

Back
Top Bottom