Overclocking MSI HD 4830

cowdood

Baseband Member
The card's specs on newegg read that the memory clock is 1800 mhz. I have it set to 2100 mhz with rivatuner. GPU-Z reads the default memory clock and actual memory clock at 900 mhz and 1050 mhz, respectively. What makes these numbers double? I'm guessing there are 2 of some kind of processor and GPU-Z is reading it only from 1, making the actual number twice what it reads. Can anyone tell me what this is?

here's a picture:

1zlrles.jpg

yea im actually needing help with overclocking mine also, like the drivers to do it with and how much ect.

yea im actually needing help with overclocking mine also, like the drivers to do it with and how much ect.

You shouldn't need any special drivers other than the latest ones from ati. People say it OC's well at about 700/1100, and I can say mine runs stable
at 700/1050. It runs very well, though I didn't benchmark or even test it at stock settings so I couldn't tell you the difference. Also, I had trouble with ATI overdrive and catalyst control center... Got stuck testing the new clocks when I tried to oc it there...ended up using rivatuner which works fine. Hope that answered your questions.

oh ok so just use the regular ati drivers and then use rivatuner to overclock it too around 700/1100 correct?

Yep, should work fine. But remember, every card is different and how stable it is depends partly on your case's airflow...If you start to see signs of overheating then I would clock it down a bit to keep it stable. Good luck

Yep, should work fine. But remember, every card is different and how stable it is depends partly on your case's airflow...If you start to see signs of overheating then I would clock it down a bit to keep it stable. Good luck

ok thank you ill keep that in mind.

I have it set to 2100 mhz with rivatuner. GPU-Z reads the default memory clock and actual memory clock at 900 mhz and 1050 mhz, respectively. What makes these numbers double? I'm guessing there are 2 of some kind of processor and GPU-Z is reading it only from 1, making the actual number twice what it reads. Can anyone tell me what this is?
DDR = Dual Data Rate. 900MHz = 1800MHz DDR 1050MHz = 2100MHz DDR

another quick question upon realizing my slot is not a 2.0 and its a 1.0 how much does that effect the card

another quick question upon realizing my slot is not a 2.0 and its a 1.0 how much does that effect the card
Zero, the HD 4830 does not use the full bandwidth of PCI-E 1.0.

Back
Top Bottom