Overclocking i want your verdict

I don't know how to overclock, and don't want/need to, but I've heard it is riscky....

I think its great----value for money----but i dont know how to do it and dont want to risk it !!!

oc'ing is great, if you know how to monitor temperatures, than your risking absolutely nothing, or next to nothing.

As long as your temps stay within a 4 degree range of what stock speeds are, than you are perfectly fine and are not damaging anything.

The keys to overclocking are cooling and raising speed by slight increments.

TibsBeatAll said:
oc'ing is great, if you know how to monitor temperatures, than your risking absolutely nothing, or next to nothing.

As long as your temps stay within a 4 degree range of what stock speeds are, than you are perfectly fine and are not damaging anything.

The keys to overclocking are cooling and raising speed by slight increments.

exactly wat he said

Overclocking is a very good thing, as long as you have the right kit, it's fine. Get a P4 on an Asus M/B tell it to overlcok by 10% (in bios). You dont have to know anything about O/C and you have say 3Ghz cpu running @ 3.3Ghz. You save a lot of cash.

Extreme Overclocking is a different question though.

It gives you virtually unoticable prefomance. Unless you are good. And have the ability to increase clock speeds to the max.

I dont recommend it to a novice.

i never overclocked because if you want to do it safely, i'v heard you won't notice the differnece between your non-OC comp and your new OC-comp. If you want to OC to where you notice a big difference then you are taking some major risks

i notice a difference when i overclock.

albeit a small one.

But it's still a difference.

and u do realize that if u oc a cpu from 3.0 to 3.3, in theory ur saving around 75-100 bucks.

and you should notice the difference. or your basically saying a 3.0 ghz and a 3.3 ghz is the same.

Back
Top Bottom