Overclocking E6600

taekwondodogoof

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. (Rest of system: 2GB RAM, 8800GTX, X-fi XtremeMusic) I was thinking of overclocking it, but I want to know a good cooling system for it. I would prefer air cooling, just because I have heard water cooling can be a hassle. I've seen quite a few people using the Scythe Infinity. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185027
Do you think that is a good cooling fan, and what would be a reasonable amount to overclock the e6600. I was thinking around 3-3.2 GHz

I've got a Tuniq Tower 120 on my E6600 with arctic silver 5, and yesterday I ran super Pi it never went above 50*C the whole time, mostly it stayed at 47-48*C I haven't overclocked it at all, and I did a really crappy job with the thermal paste too, so I think this cooler is pretty good

i have a zalman CNP9500 on my 6600.. its currently OC'ed to 3.03 and i idle at 40.

my idle is around 37*C at stick speeds, i just tried doing an overclock i increased the fsb to something like 350fsb, and my comp kept shutting down i had to shut the psu off then turn it on then it would say oc failed don't knwo if it was a cooling issue or what maybe its my bios or chipset, I've got the P965 chipset idk if thats a picky chipset or not...

hascet said:
I've got a Tuniq Tower 120 on my E6600 with arctic silver 5, and yesterday I ran super Pi it never went above 50*C the whole time, mostly it stayed at 47-48*C I haven't overclocked it at all, and I did a really crappy job with the thermal paste too, so I think this cooler is pretty good
Really?? At stock with my AS5 and Tuniq Tower it stayed in the 30s constantly under full load on both cores.

That OC should be easy with that cooler. My E6600 stays in the low 40s under load OCed to 3 GHz. Completely stable.

Tuniq Tower is basically the best cooler around for socket LGA 775.
image005.png

Ya I think it might be because of the crappy job I did with the thermal paste I think I put it on to thick...

wish they made a tornado for modern sockets and copper pipes. im a guy who doesnt care about sound just price and effectiveness im always playing music that drains the fan noise out

Back
Top Bottom