overclocking cpu = short life

Sure does, but only if you are crazy like me and pump a crapload of volts through it. The higher up you clock, the more volts you have to allocate to it. The more volts, the shorter the lifespan. However, I highly doubt that it will be cut by a huge amount. Maybe it will go from 15 years to 10, a lifespan that nobody uses anyways.

So long as the system is stable and the CPU isn't over heating, it will not drastically effect it.

well, are they different ways of overclocking so that one way will put more volts into the cpu(running at higher temp) or if its clocked to 3.4... then it will be the exact same as the other 3.4 of that same cpu, no matter the process to do it??

3.4 with 2 volts is the same as 3.4 with 1 volt, it just depends on what is stable. the 2 volt one would get a whole hell of a lot hotter than the 1 volt though.

if you work with the FSB, however, then things start to change a little bit.

p.s. DON'T pump 2 volts into it unless you need it, which even then, i would tell you not to. :)

ok, lemme rephrase to make sure i got it right. if you can get 3.4 with one volt, awesome. if you can get to 3.4 with two volts, ok. they wont perform differently, unless a few years of life extra is an absolute must. you can set voltages manually.

how can you control how much volt you pump into it?? whats is a good temperature?? a little cooler than normal???

and where can i go check the temperatutre and the voltage??

voltages are usually in the BIOS, as well as temperatures at around 70% of full load.

A good program out there to monitor temps is Everest. You really want to keep the temps as close to normal as possible, but the lower the temps the better. Try to keep her below 65C full load, maybe between 20 to 25 idle.

Back
Top Bottom