Overclocking?

amo43876221

Beta member
I have a Gateway GT5426E. I would like to overclock it and need help, This is my first time overclocking a computer. Now what is the easy and fastest way to do it? Also is there programs I can download that will do it for me? Or is there someone out there that can help me? Also with my computer I would like to get a better graphics card I was leaning towards the NV8600gts or 7900, But it says that I need a 4 or maybe 6 pin power wire to run either card do any of you know if I have this wire for the card or do I have to buy a different power supplie?

Thanks for the Help

Easy and fast normally don't mix when your talking about overclocking. Think of it like a tuning a car you don't just get under the hood put all kinds of stuff in there and run it without knowing if your internal parts are going to handle it.

Plus you want to find the perfect mix between clock/fsb/memory/timings to get the best overall performance.

You probally have a locked bios so thats out of the question. Take a cpu snapshot of your motheboard tab or post the motherboard model. Its possible a program like clockgen may support it depending on the board. You will most likely have to do your overclocking in windows unless for some reason your bios is unlocked and you can tune settings from there.

As for the GPU if you can't go any higher than that go with the 8600gts i'd recommend the 8800gts though.

Back
Top Bottom