Overclocking

superman22x

Golden Master
K, I got my new mobo about 2 weeks ago. Its an MSI 650i, and the OCing is decent, but I want to know if I'm doing it right. I can turn the FSB up, originally at 1066 I have it at 1485. My Ram I have at 810 instead of 800. But do I need to OC my Ram more? Sometimes my computer randomly freezes tho, which must be beacause of an unstable OC, my core 2 uo is running at 2.6ghz or so from 1.86. Also, I am going to run Ntune for fine tuning of Ram and whatnot tonight.

Lastly, my graphics card, I have the Asus factory OCd 7900gs, what do you guys run your 7900gs at when they are OCd? Mine is at 590 and 720 I think.

your ram speed can go a lot higher if you wanted to.
try raising the vcore on your cpu that C2D is only limited by cooling until you get phase change cooling really.
i know g skill isnt the best but it should be able to hit 900mhz with a lil voltage increase.

overclocking graphics card(in my opinion) is too risky for beginers they dont have thermal protection so one mhz too high while playing a game can damage your GPU or other compenets

The problem is tho, when I turn my CPU any faster or RAM any faster than stock my system will freeze randomly. Will changing voltage help that?

Well, i can only chnage the voltage on the NB. Sb I cant, CPU I cant, and RAM is set to auto and cant be changed. But currently its running ok at 840 and 1450FSB.

Back
Top Bottom