Overclocking?

linnerd40 said:
Pentium D 805s have been OCed to a little of 4Ghz! They are REALLY Overclockable if you will. Even on stock cooling! Have fun OCing!

Teh reson why there so overclockable. becuase the core.. The first amd 64 2800+ that I have, its 130um core. uses 1.4 Voltage sounds big? Everytime the core number gets smaller = more Cache mosty, and save more power. The less core = Better overclock Example:

AMD 64 2800+ ( 130um Core = 1.5V ). The motherborad is overclockable and the cpu voltage goes to 1.7V, well that .30V to play with.

AMD 64 3000+ ( 90um Core = 1.2V ). The motherborad is overclockable and the cpu voltage goes up to 1.7, This .50V to play with..

The lower the Core size = Better overclock with stock voltage and more room to up the voltage

They lock the voltages and the FSB settings so that you can't overclock. I think flashing the BIOS may unlock these features, but not sure.

Jon. said:
Damn, you sure, cus i've been in my bios before.
If you have it then go read some guides and try it. Im not positive about it but from my expierience most large companies lock their BIOS's.

Jon. said:
Why do they lock em, just curious.
To save money, and so if you want a faster system, than you have to buy a better motherborad from them. it just scam

Back
Top Bottom