Old 06-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36368

Here you go. Just to prove I wasnt lying

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #12
BSOD

Default Re: Overclocking

Overclocking in my opinion isn't worth it. You maybe gain a few MHZ at the risk of completely destroying you computer. I'll just upgrade RAM or something if I want the PC to run better.

EliteGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #13
Wizard of Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGamer
Overclocking in my opinion isn't worth it. You maybe gain a few MHZ at the risk of completely destroying you computer. I'll just upgrade RAM or something if I want the PC to run better.
I agree with that and to add.
If you want to go faster get a faster cpu, or ram, or better hard drives. There is so much you can do that is safer. Over clocking to me is like flashing a bios. The risk far outweights the rewards. And if you screw up, the money you'll spend getting back up and running could have been spent on that fancy video card you've been drooling over.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #14
In Runtime

Quote:
Yeah I pretty much agree there, however if I do overclock, it's just to squeeze a few until I get my 6600GT....
Marshillboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Well you have to be an entrupenreal kind of guy. If everything goes to plan you'll have a computer which is a monster and blows everything out the water. Or you blow your machine up and loose everything.

The choice is yours.......
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #16
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nasha
Well you have to be an entrupenreal kind of guy. If everything goes to plan you'll have a computer which is a monster and blows everything out the water. Or you blow your machine up and loose everything.

The choice is yours.......
Most of the time your mahine will blow up and you loose everything.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #17
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Duzz Send a message via MSN to Duzz Send a message via Yahoo to Duzz

Quote:
Most of the time your mahine will blow up and you loose everything.
Where do you get off saying that? How many people have done it, and blowing up is an overstatement. Nothing is going to "Blow up" take it slow is all thats recomended not to go to fast that is where you mess things up, you go to fast. me i raised my FSB to a 207 x 12 and that wasnt a drastic change. But didnt run prime 95 without errors. Kinda weird i just restet my bios and uped my Vcore to 1.6V so far. Other then that its working fine.

Be carefull of what you put into peoples minds. Someone could be a great OCer and dont even know it. Telling people to save the money and do something else is not why the thread is posted its for help, not to be descouraged.

I hope you understand im not trying to be rude, im simply asking for help and not to discourage anyone who is trying to better there computer by upping there settings. Just help is all we want.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:50 AM   #18
Baseband Member

Overclocking is worth it, you just got to know what your doing and know the limits of your hardware. I've been over clocking for years, got my 3000+ A64 up to 2.7 no problem stock cooling.

WHat hardware is your rig running, Motherboard, CPU and Core, RAM. Knowing these things will help alot in the assistance.
decius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #19
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzz
Where do you get off saying that? How many people have done it, and blowing up is an overstatement. Nothing is going to "Blow up" take it slow is all thats recomended not to go to fast that is where you mess things up, you go to fast. me i raised my FSB to a 207 x 12 and that wasnt a drastic change. But didnt run prime 95 without errors. Kinda weird i just restet my bios and uped my Vcore to 1.6V so far. Other then that its working fine.

Be carefull of what you put into peoples minds. Someone could be a great OCer and dont even know it. Telling people to save the money and do something else is not why the thread is posted its for help, not to be descouraged.

I hope you understand im not trying to be rude, im simply asking for help and not to discourage anyone who is trying to better there computer by upping there settings. Just help is all we want.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but I have heard most of the time that people take it to far when OCing. They could total the computer by OCing and potentially destroying the PC. Instead if OCing they could buy that awesome video card they wanted or some other device. Also computers weren't made to be overclocked. They were supposed to run at the speed they can handle without potentially killing the PC. Intel has a big problem with OCing and makes it quite hard to do so with their equipment. The choice is yours.... Don't complain to me when you OC and the computer is dead.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Duzz Send a message via MSN to Duzz Send a message via Yahoo to Duzz

I wont complain, i wont even be on the internet no more, my computer will be smelling of burnt plastic. all for the 3.5ghz hahaha just jokeing, i dont want to go to high anyways maybe a 500mhz oc. if i can.