Overclocked Opteron.

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
Yep. I received the Opteron 165 dual core today. Installed it and OC'd it and I can say that it's true what they say about these. They OC like crazy.

I have it running @ 2601Mhz from 1800Mhz and it was well easy to achieve this.

And because these use the same HQ Silicon as the FX series I think I have nearly the same performance as the FX-60 at a fraction of the price. :D

Anyways. I'm testing the set up now, see sig. I'm using speedfan to monitor my temps but the thing is I don't know if there will be 1 or 2 temperature readings for the CPU. One for each core or a single for the whole CPU?

Also i'm using Orthos to stress the set up. But on certain settings i'm getting a rounding error after 30 secs. I've heard this is a memory issue. Is this true?

And if anyone out there knows of a decent(free) benchmarking tool then let me know. I tried 3DMark 06 but it doesn't give you a figure, just a reading on a graph.

Thanks

Thanks peeps.

@Freestyler105, I'm gonna try those links out.

@Prodigy146, Got F@H. Got it. And at first I thought it used just one core. But if you carry on webbin' and stuff then check out your CPU graph I noticed that it will swing between the 2 cores as it feels. I'll check out that Priority Setting. Didn't know about that.

I'm using an Akasa Evo 33 HSF on this chip. Wouldn't use a stock HSF on it in this OC state.

Well i'm stable @ 2702Mhz now reaching temperatures of 55'C with both cores maxed and I guess the only thing holding this CPU back is my RAM and the lack of cooler air, water or liquid nitrogen. :D

Excellent! :)

CPUZ.jpg

Just realised.

I have a Denmark Core not the Toledo as in your pic. :(

Also i'm using DDR PC4000 500Mhz RAM. Tried looking for faster RAM but it's hard to find.

And i've just found out that the Denmark = Toledo

ah 2702 is fast enough man... plus to get it stable at 55C?

Not many people can pull that off

That looks great Remeniz, those Opterons are awesome OC'ers.

But surely you don't need faster RAM, you're running ~300MHz there, and your RAM is capable of 500MHz +, or do you want to run at lower latencies?

What's the max Vcore these chips can take? And what's Vdroop like on your board, as you've got a bit of headroom left in your temps still.

That looks great Remeniz, those Opterons are awesome OC'ers.

But surely you don't need faster RAM, you're running ~300MHz there, and your RAM is capable of 500MHz +, or do you want to run at lower latencies?

What's the max Vcore these chips can take? And what's Vdroop like on your board, as you've got a bit of headroom left in your temps still.

Thanks. :)

Although I think I have an Opteron with 'not very good' stepping. Since the above post I had to drop it down to 2601Mhz to get a stable Orthos test although the computer was running stable anyways @ 2.7Ghz.

I didn't think I needed faster RAM. Like you have pointed out I have 500Mhz RAM running at about 300 but I just cant get it any higher. And I don't know why. With my old single core CPU I was running the RAM at about 550Mhz! Although my Latencies are low I guess.

I think my Vdroop is pretty good. In fact CPUZ registers the CPU voltage at 0.025 more than the actual voltage and under load it's very stable. And I know these chips will take 1.55V.

Funny actually. I thought with both cores running @ 100% the temps didn't go over 55'C.

Any suggestions regarding the RAM settings and the voltage?

Back
Top Bottom