Overclocked CPU, safe or not?

OH YES BITCH! IM SAFE OMFG!, my heart was racing...because i thought my cpu might expload *sarcasm*

Jamxx said:
No, I beg to differ. You guys did not research it!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104208

Voltage = 1.6 volts. I'd say it is fine where it is.

Just about to bring the hammer down on them my self.

This aint an Athlon 64 guys, it's a Skt A Sempron (aka Athlon XP).

It's a throughbread to, so I'd expect it to get around 2GHz, but I'm really surprised that you managed to get the FSB above 200MHz without any stability problems.

If you do begin to have any problems, it's probably due to the FSB, so lower it a bit, but up the multiplier to keep the same clock speed. Or, if you prefer, give it a bit more juice with a tad more voltage to the chipset if you can. Other than that, Well Done! :D

Wow, that's what my Opteron runs happily at. And... well... there's a big difference between our processors... :D:D

I'll bet that 2.1 GHz isn't entirely stable, though. Run Prime95 to see. ;)

2.8, thats really impressive.

A few throughbreds were real beasts of an overclocker. If memory serves, the fastest clocked one relesed was the 2600+ or 2700+ at 2.4GHz.

Try aiming for that, I see little reason why Semprons would not be able too, as they use left over Throughbread cores anyway.

Just remember though, that the temperature sensor is not part of the CPU, but actually part of the Mobo, so make sure you don't fry it. You have no worries of that happening though if you don't touch the voltages.

Well, i happily thank the guy who posted the forum about overclocking..and thanks guys for the help...i now know i have a better processor than i thought :) and im afraid to push it more, because this is currently the only computer i have. and no, im not going to torture test it..jus tincase :)

No, honestly, it would be a good thing. You can see what your temperatures are and it'll determine the stability. Don't worry, if it crashes it will just give you an error (not crash your computer) and you can monitor temperatures the whole time. Just when it gets too hot, shut it off. It'll be best, though, because you don't want it to shut off for some reason right before you save that 200-point history paper. ;)

Back
Top Bottom