Overclock question

pretty much. don't see why you can't read your core temps...i can. at 3.57ghz my temps at full load are 46. I can go higher, but I have no need really. here's the thing, if you have an aftermarket heatsink/fan, then quad core is gonna be fine, even if you overclock it to 3.5. I suggest a large heatsink if you have a decent sized tower, you'll be fine if you get one. The OEM heatsink, I don't suggest it.

I got the cooler master v8, I dont get it, I can read core temps fine with dual core but when I switch to quad it doesnt read.

pretty much. don't see why you can't read your core temps...i can. at 3.57ghz my temps at full load are 46. I can go higher, but I have no need really. here's the thing, if you have an aftermarket heatsink/fan, then quad core is gonna be fine, even if you overclock it to 3.5. I suggest a large heatsink if you have a decent sized tower, you'll be fine if you get one. The OEM heatsink, I don't suggest it.

What is your cpu freq set at?

230. multi at 15.5x. the V8 will more than handle the temps.

CPU freq is what the asus bios calls the fsb frequency...dont ask.

and ya, but you're supposed to turn up volts as you overclock.

no i got it...but that much voltage going through a processor destroys its lifetime

It's labeled as Vcore limit or something like that

It would probably die from heat first. I've gotten mine to 1.675 before for cooling experiments. It took 2000CFM on a Scythe orochi to keep that thing from burning up. It was actually pretty chill. Like 40's during P95.

Back
Top Bottom