Overclock compatibility?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I currently have (i know it is pretty sad) an Intel Celeron 2.4ghz processor and was wondering whether this CPU is pretty stable when it comes to overclocking. I have not yet overclocked on anything, as i am too afraid haha.

Also, instead of starting a new thread, can some one plz post steps on how to clean up your CPU, i think mine may be a bit dirty.

Thanks,

Matt

That CPU has a little overclocking potential, you might, on good cooling be able to get that thing up to like 2.8GHz, but it all depends on your other hardware. If you wan't to clean it I reccomend rubbing alcohol, and Q-tips. Do the same on the heatsink. Be sure to re-apply thermal paste before you put back on you heatsink.

Or if you are a cheapass lol like me and dont wanna spend any dough, take your time with a cheap paintbrush and a lot of you breath to get all the dust out.

MS-DOS Fan said:
to clean your comp get a air compressor and blow the dust out
The "cool shot" on a hair dryer works awsome as well, but a air compressor would probably be better though.
Cleaning dust helps performance well. I have a 2.4Ghz Celeron as well in my laptop and removing the dust once a month speeds it up and reduces the heat.

reggie_da_man said:
Yea I also use a vacuum so the dust doesn't go everywhere.

Static? Isn't that bad for your parts?
huh.gif

Yes static is very bad for your parts but you just hold the vacuum 2 inches away from what your blowing and you use a plastic vacuum tip.

Back
Top Bottom