Overclcok question

wee493

In Runtime
What should i clock my processor to, It is a E4300 with 1.8Ghz stock. right now it is at 2.15Ghz with the stock cooling. I have heard of people saying the have clocked it up all the way to 3.+. Do u think 2.3-2.6 is reasonable as long as my CPU temps stay low?

Another question my current temp at 2.15Ghz stock cooling is 30C-32C idle. Is that as high as i should go with stock cooling or what. what are processor temperature ranges?

Most of the core2duo line temps are okay to roughly 60.1C That may be slightly off to your processor check intels website to be sure.

Basically you stop overclocking when your satisfied with your overclock or you get limited by temps, ram or the motherboard. Just keep taking it up slowly and watch the temps. Be sure to run orthos or prime95 and make sure its stable.

Can't really say what it will clock too that will depend mainly on all your components IE, if your ram won't overclock well don't expect a huge overclock.

Also Idle temps don't mean much you want to measure loaded temps.

no and what r your stress temps thats whats important
as long as there under 50 your fine
try to increase the voltage core as little as possible
with non stock cooling (zalman cooler)
you could get to 3 with no problem

Running Prime 95 for about 5min, my average temp is 42C, so i will boost it up again from 2.22 to about 2.3 and then i will be happily overclocked.......until i get a new heat sink

Thanks, i was planning on saving up 4 the Zalman, but now i will consider the Tuniq Tower

Yeah, but be aware. The Tuniq Tower is BIIIIIGGGGG. Here is a pic of it in my case:

IMG_3008.jpg

DAMN!!! I could tell that it was big in the pic on newegg, but that thing is like a square foot!! It will fit in my case, but anytime i want to add ram or do anything i will prob have to take it out first. Lol

nice build, i see you have a nvidia motherboard. What are your system specs?

they might as well make a custom one taht connects the vid card,cpu, and ram and it covers the whole motherboard...

Back
Top Bottom