Over heating

I would put a gob of it the size of a small pebble and when the heatsink comes into contact with the top of the CPU, it would give it a good spread.

you dont need to use much, just a drop on the cpu core (if it's a small core cpu AKA : athlon Xp and P3) and then use a razor blade or a small peice of plastic to spread it over the core. but whatever you do, dont spread it with your finger! the oils from your finger will mix with the paste, and it will lose some of it's heat conductuing ability.

hey, thankyou everyone for helping me so quickly.

I found out the problem. Upon close inspection of my motherboard I found that the heatsink was not properly secured. There are four things that you push down to snap it in and the fourth one wasnt in all the way. I checked my temp and now it is down to 47 degrees celsius. Phew. glad thats over. Thanks everyone!

Yes, always make sure it is very snug. Installing the heatsink usually is just that regardless the CPU type. I had to put quite a bit of pressure to get the heatsink to snap into the plastic clip for my Athlon 64. If it is loose, you know you didn't get it in all the way.

Back
Top Bottom