Over-Clocking EVERYTHING

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
Well, atleast my RAM, GPU, Processor, ftw MOBO?

RAM: 4 GB's
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-GSkill-MEM-1Gx2-G-SK-F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ-R

GPU: 8800 GTS Superclocked
http://www4.dealtime.com/xPF-eVGA-E...MB-GDDR3-PCI-Express-Video-Card-Retail-Free-S

MOBO: MSI K9N Diamond
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/400

And you can see my processor in this DXDIAG
DXDIAG.jpg

And yes yes, I know. I am running on a 32 bit OS of XP, I plan on getting a new HD soon with vista so I can use my DX10 and full 4GB's of RAM.

Id like to OC ALL OF THIS if possible to squeeze out as much performance as possible.

A already use ATITool to OC my GPU, I have it at
675/1008 to be safe, but I know I can push it further.

what db4rt said.

Already have the GPU down, Id like to know how to OC everything else, what programs, what I need to do, etc.

for ram and cpu
u must use your bios thats the best and easyest way
just keep keep raising your fsb till you wont boot(always resetting your ram)
then if you can boot increase your rams speed if still no boot increase the voltage to your cpu core very very slightly
do that untill your happy or temps stop u
(for full load temps should be around 50)

google is your friend. when i started learning about overclocking my cpu i spent about a week solid reading everything i could (mainly because i couldnt afford a new one if i screwed it up) but read lots before and then take you time about and then take some more time about it and then stress test it for about 12hrs using prime95 at the end just to make sure its stable. ohh and make sure you have good cooling for it all as you will have to increase the voltage i would expect which will mean more heat and more heat isnt a good thing with stock cooling

google is your friend. when i started learning about overclocking my cpu i spent about a week solid reading everything i could (mainly because i couldnt afford a new one if i screwed it up) but read lots before and then take you time about and then take some more time about it and then stress test it for about 12hrs using prime95 at the end just to make sure its stable. ohh and make sure you have good cooling for it all as you will have to increase the voltage i would expect which will mean more heat and more heat isnt a good thing with stock cooling

I should be decent with cooling.

I have the antec 900 with all fans on max.
antec_900_overview_goed.jpg

But man... Im confused right now.

Hahahahaaaaa.

Then Antec 900 is a good case. Soon they will be releasing a 1200, with two 120MM fans in the back, 3 120MM fans on the front with room for 4, and a 200MM fan with a radiator attached to if for liquid cooling. There aren't any specific details though.

As for overclocking, the 4GB may limit you. The more slots you take up, the easier it may be to hit a wall.

Download the programs Orthos, Coretemp, CPU-Z, and Speedfan.

What you need to do is go into the bios, and find the FSB, RAM dividers, CPU Vcore, northbridge Vcore, southbridge Vcore, FSB voltage, and RAM voltage.

Edit: Set your RAM divider so that the FSB:RAM is running in a 1:1 ratio. I can't tell you for sure how to do this, because I'm not familiar with MSI boars.

Slowly raise your FSB (I usually go by 5's) until you run into stability issues such as freezing or BSOD's. Then you want to start raising voltages, but a little at a time, and keep an eye on temperatures. Sometimes all it takes is a little more voltage to get stable.

It will most likely be CPU Vcore, northbridge Vcore, FSB voltage, or RAM voltage. Use Orthos to stress your system, it is already set up for dual core systems.

Edit: Also, it helps to look up how well people are doing with overclocks on your specific motherboard, so you can get an idea of how high FSB's and voltages you could be running. But all systems are different, so you may have to run different settings to be stable.

Back
Top Bottom