Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to Hartman
Default Outlook XP script errors

I'm having an interesting problem with Outlook that is bundled with Office XP. In the past I have used Outlook on my desktop to access my Hotmail account and it worked fine. I just bought a new laptop, installed the same version of Outlook on it, attempted to access my Hotmail account, but the view panel on the right says there is a script error (sometimes pops up when viewing web pages). In the description of the error it says 'permission denied', I don't know if that has any relavence to the Hotmail username or password but I triple checked and everything is correct. I know Outlook is connecting to the Hotmail server fine because the tree on the left registers the number of email messages, number of deleted messages,etc. but cannot put them in a list on the panel on the right. I have removed Outlook and reinstalled it 3 times but it does the same thing everytime. Why would it work fine on my desktop and not on my notebook? What can I do to resolve this?

Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:18 PM   #2
The Candyman

Default Re: Outlook XP script errors

I'm just guessing here, but i had the same problem with my comp. My girlfriend had the outlook express on her laptop and we shared an account.

I then wanted the account on my computer, so i exported our account as a file. saved it on her laptop.Got
a RW-disk and copied it to it.Then on my computer i just opened up outlook and imported the file from the RW-disk and it worked.

We both have windows xp home edition so that's how it worked...

~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
Beta Member

How do you go about saving the entire account? I can only seem to find the way to export a folder.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #4
Beta Member

I imported the account as a personal folders file and then attempted to import it but it says the file isn't a personal folders file, despite the fact that it is due to the .pst file extension. God I hate this program!