outlook/thunderbird problem

here_is_gone

In Runtime
I can receive mail, but not send mail in both Outlook Express and Thunderbird. This is the message I get in Outlook Express:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'here_is_gone@earthlink.net'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.adelphia.net', Server: 'mail.adelphia.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to earthlink.net is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

This is the message in Thunderbird:

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: relaying mail to earthlink.net is not allowed. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

Anyone have any idea why it's not working?

I'm connecting to the internet at my moms through Sprint; normally I connect at my dad's through Adelphia.net. An adelphia representative told me (via chat) to use Sprint's SMTP server..is it really necessary for me to switch between adelphia and sprint outgoing servers whenever I connect from different locations?

Back
Top Bottom