Outlook Express 6 - What the hey?

Novice2000

Baseband Member
I have AT&T DSL. Today I went and opened up Outlook Express 6, which is on my computer. For some reason I thought I would open it up and see what it was like. I went to Tools and clicked on Accounts. I noticed that my master email address was in there. So I clicked on it to highlight it and then clicked properties. I didn't change anything or type anything in or anything. All I was doing was looking around. All of a sudden I noticed numbers next to my "Inbox" on the left hand side. And the numbers just kept going up and up until it reached like 412. I had my AT&T browser open also. So I clicked on my AT&T browser on the task bar to bring it up and noticed that all of my emails in my "Inbox" in my AT&T browser were all gone. Outlook Express 6 sucked all of my emails out of my browser's inbox. What the hell happened? I didn't even do anything to change or add any setting in Outlook Express. All I did was highlight my email address in Outlook Express and clicked on properties and looked around. I didn't change anything. Does anyone know how this happened and how I can send all of my email back to my browser's inbox?

Usually when you close the properties, it automatically checks for "new" messages. They are gone from the webmail because as OE downloads emails, they delete them off the mail server. If you want them back in AT&T you'll need to forward them back to yourself.

Usually when you close the properties, it automatically checks for "new" messages. They are gone from the webmail because as OE downloads emails, they delete them off the mail server. If you want them back in AT&T you'll need to forward them back to yourself.

Is there anyway to keep any of my future emails from going to Outlook Express?

Hum...I'm not sure, but I think you can disable the check for new messages. This would be for when you open OE. If it doesn't already check when you open it then just leave it. Btw, when you do check for this it will download your messages again just like Cele said. Also, if you want to save these e-mails there is a way. I'm not quite so sure as far as OE, I can look it up for you. But I know that on Mozilla Thunderbird you can just quickly save the folder on local apps and replace it when you need your e-mails again. That's the quick way to do it.

Is there anyway to keep any of my future emails from going to Outlook Express?

oeaccountoptions.jpg

Back
Top Bottom