Out of the closet and into the world!!

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Alrighty guys, i've finally grown the go-nads to OC my CPU. As it stands, my clock speed is 2330mhz, multiplier 10, HTT 233, voltage 1.55. idle temperatare is about 41C, load 50C. Not TOO bad.. but I can't overclock much further with stock.

What would you people suggust I buy to make overclocking easier?

Note: I do not care about sound, if the CPU fan is a freaking generator, so be it. I have to keep a wind tunnel on all day, odds are it would be drowned anyway.

The next move down the road about a month is to get some really good memory for overclocking so that I can take this 3200+ to the limit with my cooling, and then the final blow; a brand new CPU. :D

dude, you don't have to buy anything, i have the same proc, at 2.4Ghz, and i have the stock heatsink, and it never goes over 38 degrees celcius, sounds like your case has some ventilation problems, i have two 80mms up front for air intake, and one 80mm one the side for intake and pressure on the mobo and cpu, then i have one 80mm on top for exhaust and one 90mm on the back for exhaust, i have some good ventilation, your temps are really high for some reason

just so you know, it's about 98F in my room. that makes a BIG impact on system temperatures. I was at my friend's house last night where there is air conditioning, my CPU was about 27C load without the overclock. Here, without it, it would run 44C load.

Yes, I live in a VERY hot place.

Thermaltake is a pretty decent company for fans... I was just kinda hoping I could get some suggustions from people who actually have amd64 CPUs overclocked and are using 3rd party heatsinks..

98 FREAKIN DEGREES, how can you possibly stand that, or even attempt sleeping, that's way too hot for your room, you guys don't have air conditioning? If that's the case I've seen room air conditioners that work hella good at wallmart for $50

BigLu said:
98 FREAKIN DEGREES, how can you possibly stand that, or even attempt sleeping, that's way too hot for your room, you guys don't have air conditioning? If that's the case I've seen room air conditioners that work hella good at wallmart for $50

haha, it only recently got that hot. My dad called up home depot about getting central air, odds are, we will have air conditioning within the next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom