Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default 'Organizer' software.

I have an Ipaq 3600 PDA that I rely heavily on for my contact information, as well as scheduled appointments. Initially, I was able to successfully sync it with 'Outlook', but that seems impossible now. Ever since doing a full System Restoration (actually, twice) Outlook doesn't seem to want to install in its entirety. What I am looking for is a software 'Organizer' (hopefully Freeware) which would allow syncing my PDA & computer together. Does anyone know of such? As mentioned above, Freeware would be REALLY nice , but I wouldn't mind paying for a program of this nature if there were to be no freebies on such.

Nathan [IMG]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/2319/hand3rf.jpg[/IMG]
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: 'Organizer' software.

Argh.... I had a pda, an hp, to be exact, and it stunk. I reformatted three times. It was terrible. Have you contacted hp or the manufacturer? I know the site www.tucows.com or something like that has some stuff for pda's, but you should try contacting them. If you've had to restart that many times, I would just get a new one.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
Argh.... I had a pda, an hp, to be exact, and it stunk. I reformatted three times. It was terrible. Have you contacted hp or the manufacturer? I know the site www.tucows.com or something like that has some stuff for pda's, but you should try contacting them. If you've had to restart that many times, I would just get a new one.
Hi Jac,

No, it isn't a problem with my PDA (This unit has been fine ever since I got it, about a year ago - and I got it used). Even when the PDA is detached from my computer, Outlook is screwy. I install it (uninstall it and reinstall it, over & over again) and the same thing happens. Nothing in Calendar, Notes, Tasks or ANYTHING, will show up when the appropriate button is depressed. I get some strange screen with an error message (I can't remember what it was, and I have since uninstalled it from my system).

Old 09-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

Maybe the source of the file you're installing is bad. You've reformated, right?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
Maybe the source of the file you're installing is bad. You've reformated, right?
No, Jac - I haven't. Formatting my computer is something that I REALLY want to do, but am not afforded that opportunity. You see, my computer came with just a System restoration Disk, and initiatting that procedure seems to only restore my unit to the way it came from the factory. I don't have a dedicated (stand-alone) OS program, which leaves me limited (I've been told) in the above 'Formatting' respect. There IS a 'Format' feature that I found in one area (I can't remember just where, now), but it could only be activated (blackened) for the "D" drive, which is my smallest (4+gigs) drive. That same button was incapable of being activated (light grey) for the balance of my 160gig capacity on drive "C". And, isn't that the drive (C) which would need formatting? Drive "D" has all the pertinent programs for System Restorations, and if I lost that I would really be in a pickle.