Ordered a new laptop

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Well, I just took the plunge and ordered a new laptop from DELL (yes I know, flame me if you want... lol)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ 4MB Cache
2 Gig DDR2 667 MhZ Ram
120 GB HDD - May get an additional 320 Gig External HD at some stage
7900 GS - I don't want to play top of the line games (I'm only new to playing computer games anyway, was always a console guy until now).
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities - May get an external one also if I need to.
17" Wide Screen XGA+ TFT display with TrueLife(TM): 1440x900
Integrated Stereo Sound with Subwoofer - Get external ones later maybe.
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card
Belkin 802.11g Wireless Router
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
Dell Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer 966
Carry Case - Free.

Total = $AU 3,254.90

That's basically it. I just want everyone's opinion on how long they think it will last? And if I got a good deal or not (I think I did)? Keeping in mind I wont be looking to play top of the line games. It should arrive within 5-7 days.

Cheers.

hmmm good deal in terms of value for performance ???? no

good deal in terms of value for laptop ??? yes

what do you mean by how long it will last ???

last running smoothly ??? probably 2 years or so (will still run good after 2 years but not how it used to)

how long it will last running full stop ??? probably 7 years

the reason i say it not good value for performance is coz if u want performance then get a desktop lol

hmmm good deal in terms of value for performance ???? no

good deal in terms of value for laptop ??? yes

what do you mean by how long it will last ???

last running smoothly ??? probably 2 years or so (will still run good after 2 years but not how it used to)

how long it will last running full stop ??? probably 7 years

the reason i say it not good value for performance is coz if u want performance then get a desktop lol

Well, the whole idea of it was to use it as a desktop replacement... and going from my current desktop (in sig) to this... It's a pretty nice performance increase, don't you think?

I mean, until it becomes outdated (I think it'll last for 5-10 years) cause' it'll be able to run both XP and Vista fine. And if it starts slowing down, I'll just put all my crap on my external HDD and reformat the internal one.

I'll see how the internal sound goes. if it sounds decent enough I wont bother with external speakers.

Back
Top Bottom