optional fan..

Hvc801

Baseband Member
so i was wondering how much damage this optional fan i have can do since it says on the paper that came with it - "For use in junction with passive cooler or water cooler only. Installing the optional fan with an active CPU cooler will interfere with internal cpu cooler airflow and endanger system stability."

i had put it on the heat spreader on the motherboard around the cpu -

and well it ran 110% fine untill windows got done partitioning the hard drive and when it went to restart after it was all done it was hell from there. i figured its a regular fan that plugs right into the motherboard fan prongs and it wouldent even make a difference...or did it?

i jsut wanted to know how much damage can be done or maybe if i had done so already?

okay i thought so, thanks.

another question is should i have hooked up the hard drive to this SATA connector-

and not the other ones in the red? or does that not matter also?

i would think that its seprate and away from the others because so that you can use that one as a first one? mine has numbers on them though so im not sure

It really doesn't matter as long as the correct drive is selected as the first boot device in the BIOS. But usually, you would start with the SATA port labeled "1".

It's also not a good idea to run the optional fan because it will interfere with the airflow in and around the CPU HSF which may cause your CPU to run on the hot side.

Back
Top Bottom