Optimal Internet Settigns for Gaming!@?#?

Actually I've found that most games use both TCP and UDP, though there are usually more UDP ports that are required to be open.

I think that it may be your connection if you're getting ping spikes and a short disconnect... Though it could be certain packets of information are being rejected (I guess... :D). You have a router, right? For ONLY A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, check the DMZ for your computer's network address. Play online a bit (not too long) and see if you still experience the same problems. If so, it is your connection. If not, you need to configure some ports that should be opened.

what routor do you have? i use to get problems with bf2 disconnecting on avergae every 3-4 mins. then it would go away anf come back about 4 days later. wierd. anyway the routor is screwed it now disconnects every minute and then reconnects. now i use a modem i have now problems but will be trying my friends routor out to see if that works ok.

well i have a brand new linksys problem...we used to have the diconnect problem on our old router which was a d-link...so we switched to linksys and the problem has gotten a little bit better...and how do i check the DMZ for my computer address? thx

umm do a google search for a guide about your routor or you could consult your manual about it. i had my DMZ turned off for about 3 months before i started having problems with my routor. i only noticed it was turned off when i went to turn it off to try and fix my disconnecting problem and noticed it was disabled. never had any probs tho... i think. you will probably have to type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 something like that to get into your routor and then you might see some menu about it. have a search.

i have to type in...192.168.15.1 to get to mine...so i what would i google though?

about how to turn your DMZ off. have you got a normal DSL modem, like a USB one or anything that you can try to see if that just works?

but what is DMZ in the first place...adn what will it help!~@?@~ thx :D

ok guys i just went typed in 192.168.15.1 and put in the password then i saw that the DMZ was disabled....so ne other ideas>? thx

i believe it opens up all the ports on the routor which is why you shouldnt have it disabled for to long as it leaves you open for attack. it would rule out antyhing to do with your ports giving you trouble making you disconnect. i believe that is what its suppose to do not 100% certain

EDIT: have you tried a normal DSL modem to see if that still has the same problem?

Back
Top Bottom