Optical vs Laser

bhstr99

Solid State Member
Hey everyone

I was going to buy the Gigabyte Laser Mouse http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/797659.../Product.html#

But sadly it's out of stock and will take 1month for them to restock..

I found this other Mouse but it's Opitcal, it had 400 DPI 800 DPI and 2400 DPI options

The gigabyte only had 800 and 1600 so would you say the this Opitcal mouse called Trust GXT14 Advanced 2400 dpi Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse (PC) would be better or just as good as the Gigabyte GM M6880?

Trust GXT14 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-Advanc...5066439&sr=1-1

Thanks for your time.

Both links are dead, but laser and optical has about the same precision, but the laser takes much less power.

the question becomes why are there difference
what does Optical excell at and what does Laser excell at?
there has to be come key factors

check this out click me

I thought the difference between laser and optical was nonexistant, but boy oh boy was I wrong. The difference between the deathadder I was looking at and the Lachesis I got is huge, I'm a monster in games with this mouse. Granted, there are other differences between the mice, but I put the DPI down on mine so it was equal and I still noticed that mine tracked a LOT more accurately, and was a tad bit more sensitive and responsive. I will never buy an optical mouse again, laser mice are also a lot less picky about the surface they're on. Not that I would ever use my mouse on anything but a mousepad due to the Teflon feet, but still :p

After using the G3, G5, G9, Razer Lachesis, and Steel Series Ikari, the Razer Imperator is my favorite so far. I've heard good things about the Roccat Kone too.

Edit: The Trust mouse looks like a cheap ripoff of a G9.

After using the G3, G5, G9, Razer Lachesis, and Steel Series Ikari, the Razer Imperator is my favorite so far. I've heard good things about the Roccat Kone too.

Edit: The Trust mouse looks like a cheap ripoff of a G9.

Really? I can't say I've ever used the Imperator, but I'm absolutely in love with this lachesis. I really like the shape of it as well, and the buttons and sensitivity just make it sweeter.

Don't get me wrong, the Lachesis is an awesome mouse, but I don't find ambidextrous designs to be as comfortable as a good right-handed mouse.

Back
Top Bottom