Optical Drive Configuration

catalyst1

BSOD
Soooo.... reading the DVD burning thread got me thinking. What's the best way to set up your optical drives? A plain CD burner and a DVD burner? Just a CD/DVD drive and a CD/DVD burner? One all-in-one? The reason I ask is because I've heard a lot about this and don't really know if there are advantages or disadvantages to different setups. Obviously, if you have a burner and a reader, you can play a disc while burning something. Is that all it is? Personal preference? I also heard that using burning drives just to read all the time shouldn't be done as it wears down the more expensive drive while just reading and not writing. Anyway, looking forward to the suggestions. Oh - write what setup you have when replying! Thanks guys.

I seriously doubt that just reading a drive will influence the degeneration of it too much. I use quick reply most of the time...if that's what your talking about..haha. Can you really read and burn at the same time. Obviously you would have to have to cd's and two drives...

rdcmmnst said:
I use quick reply most of the time...if that's what your talking about..haha. Can you really read and burn at the same time. Obviously you would have to have to cd's and two drives...

Nooo, your optical drive setup! But yeah, if you have a burner and a reader, you can be reading a disc while burning another one. You can do that OR burn two discs at once if you have two burners. I think. Actually, I'm not sure about burning two discs at once. I guess you'd have to be using two separate burning programs as well (like Windows for one disc and Nero for the second). Anyway, reading and writing at the same time is completely possible.

Trying to do anything while burning a cd or dvd may result in a problem as they are memory intensive procedures.

What a waste of time.
Just resign yourself to stop multitasking and you won't have to post this crazy stuff. 1 thing at a time.OK
The biggest mistake today is multitasking.WHY do you do it?
Stop testing this !
Relax and learn your limits or ask me.
:rolleyes:

Alright, you're starting to annoy me. Can you stop being so brash in your replies? Thanks.

Multitasking is pretty common. With that said, it has nothing to do with my question. I never asked what the best way was to play ten discs at a time. I asked what a good configuration would be considering use and wear or if it even mattered.

Just because the conversation in this topic happened to move toward the idea of burning while doing other things does not mean that I want to do that. We were just talking about it.

spank_fusion said:
Alright, you're starting to annoy me. Can you stop being so brash in your replies? Thanks.

Multitasking is pretty common. With that said, it has nothing to do with my question. I never asked what the best way was to play ten discs at a time. I asked what a good configuration would be considering use and wear or if it even mattered.

Just because the conversation in this topic happened to move toward the idea of burning while doing other things does not mean that I want to do that. We were just talking about it.
So i suggested you ask me me what i knew,not insult me.So don't ask ideot.
I say 10 cd's as apposed to 1 dvd.OK.I guess this won't arrive.

Back
Top Bottom