Opinions Please

waldorfpc

In Runtime
Hi there,

I'm working on my father's computer. What is happening is that when he tries to install a certain program, he receives the message that it is not a valid Win32 Application.

First, I took a back up computer and installed the same program. The purpose of this was to determine if the file itself was corrupted. The program installed perfectly, leaving me now to believe that there is a problem with my father's registry. If there is a registry problem, I'll manually have to go through and delete anything associated with that particular program, which all of us know is quite tedious. Are there any good free programs you can offer that will enable you to search for the program and remove any associations, so I will not have to spend all day doing everything manually? And, can you offer any other suggestions as to what could be wrong other than the registry? I really do not want to believe it is registry trouble. However, both my fellow tech and I have come to the conclusion that it is. I look forward to your input. Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom