Opinions?

shozzking

Daemon Poster
i'm going to be ordering parts to build a new computer around december hopefully and these are the parts that i have decided to get with the help of a few people on these forums. i was determined to get an nvidia graphics card but i was looking at the new ATI card today and saw that ATI cards are much cheaper for what you get. so now im debating between an nvidia GTX 275, an ATI 4870 X2 or an ATI 5870. i want to get a system that i wont have to upgrade any time soon. these are the parts that i've decided on now, will it be good enough to take full advantage of the ATI graphics cards? i want an intel i7 right now because i would be spending $200 more for something that i really dont want. i was reading about the case im getting and it said that i would have to remove a fan to get the newer nvidia cards to fit, will i have the same problem with the ATI cards?

Antec 902 case
2 WD 500GB 7200 RPM hard drives in RAID 0
Asus motherboard(here's the link: Click)
OCZ stealthxstream PSU 700W(Link)
3x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz RAM(i couldnt find any differences between this and corsair dominator RAM even though this one is $100 cheaper)
AMD phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz

thats it except for the graphics card, the MOBO has a decent built in graphics card so if i were to go for either ATI card then i would use that while i save up for the graphics card. its mainly the graphics card that i need help with, the more i think about it the more i want 1 of the 2 ATI cards. i'm going to use at least 2 monitors on it if not 3 or more.

is it actually worth the money? is anything in my system good enough for it to run at top speed? is it all compatible?

i heard that AMD CPU's dont support triple channel RAM and RAM thats faster than 1333MHz. does anyone know any decently priced MOBO that has integrated graphics?

Back
Top Bottom