'Operating System Found'

Hamill

Solid State Member
Hello people, I may aswell introduce myself while im here aswell...so hello :D

Im fixing a computer for a friend, well trying...the problem is when i start the computer up i get a error message saying 'Operating System Not Found'.
It was originally fitted with a 60gb hdd with xp installed on it, i removed that hdd and replaced it with a smaller one with windows 2000 installed. I can only start the computer up in safe mode using the windows 2000 hdd.

I have tried 3 hdd with xp installed and they all come up with the same error. Yet all three of them hddwork perfectly in my computer.

Im lost :( all help will be much appreciated :D

i dont think u can take out a HDD from another computer and put it in someone else's get a new HDD they cost about $90
for a 80g i dont no i am englash sorry m8 not much help.

No no no....you can, well im pretty sure you can. All suggestions is help :D thanks alot....

i dont think u can i tryed it twice someone plz come here and tell me i am wrong. i want to no if you can because i want to try it.

Technically you can take a hd with another os on it already and put it in a different computer. However, since that hd has all the drivers loaded for the other hardware specs, it may not function correctly if at all. It is somewhat hit and miss in that sense. I've done it many times but I try to avoid it. It runs slow because it must load all the drivers for the new hardware and it isn't always able to and in some cases it will cause conflicts because it's installing all the new drivers without removing the old ones.

lol ok did'nt no that nether heard that you could do that, remove the drivers then 4mat it easy as. he says u can so try it lol

Back
Top Bottom