Open Office to Word....any problems?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if anyone who uses open office for word processing regularly views documents sent to them from people who sent them in ms word format, and if there were any problems with the format conversion? Likewise, do you have any problems with other people being able to correctly view your open office documents if they are using ms word? Does any of the format/layout get messed up? I currently have Corel Wordperfect 12, and it has messed up my documents in the past trying to convert them back and forth between the wordperfect and ms word formats, so I was thinking of switching to open office. Thanks for your replies.

I don't have any first hand experience on the subject, but I have heard that openoffice saves in .doc format... so you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks,...I know that you can save documents in word format, but I was wondering if anyone with actual experience sending documents to someone with ms word, and getting documents from someone who sent it in ms word had any problems with the layout not transferring perfectly between open office and ms word. I'm concerned with the page layout getting messed up during the conversion of file formats.

If its word i think that in open office you can save it as a .doc format and then it should be able to opened in word or open office

Back
Top Bottom