Open Office.org vs Microsoft Office

Microsoft office 2003 isawesome it has all the features you need. and fairly quick to load. while open office is free. i rather stay with office for features. Plus most operating systems are using it

I had the latest OpenOffice, which I hated (and a hardcore Linux zealot friend of mine hates it even more, which surprised me).

It takes forever to start up, and if you save your files in MS Word format, the formatting gets mangled when you do open it in Word. You then have to sort it out.

The spellchecker didn't work, it was lacking in features, and the interface was totally outdated and clumsy. I had the latest version, running on Linux and Windows.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

it's slow and clumsy because it works via Java (I.e it's interperated)...

and the quick launch thing that sits in the windows system try hogs resources like nothing on earth...

you may find that the problems you are having getting it working are to do with the Java runtime environment version that you have...

check out www.sun.com to see if you have the latest JRE package.

i downloaded it, havent tried it yet but from what i can see it looks great and i cant be bothered to install office xp now that i have this

This is totally out of topic, but after reading my post again, I got Deja Vu about the posts after...

Back
Top Bottom