Only using 30 out of my 200GB hard drive

karling07

Daemon Poster
I just installed Windows XP SP2 on my new diamondmax maxtor 200GB 7200 RPM and in the installation, it said it only recognized 30gb of free space to be partitioned, so i did that and installed.

Now im in windows (fully installed) and it still says only 30GB hard drive! How can I get this to use the full 200GB hard drive? I tried downloading the Maxtor Big Drive enabler and it said it installed correctly, I also tried using the MaxBlast 4 software but it didn't help at all (because when I went to partition, even it only recognized the 30gb hd)

Please help!

Thanks!

Also, ive heard that older mobos can limit like 32GB hds, so I'll also post my mobo name:

its an "Intel Fayetteville D815EFVU"

does this mean, i can just use this update here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

and it will remove the old hard drive limitations?...
thanks

Ahhh please help, im doing a bunch of stuff with this and the installation CD told me to unplug the hard drive and then in the maxblast 4 CD it told me to plugin the POWER CABLE while the COMP was on (clearly said this!)

I was really skeptical but I did it anyways...

Then when it touched the power connector on the back of the HD there was a bright spark and I just pulled it back. Now, on boot or when I try to load BIOS, i just get a black screen with text that says:

"NTLDR is missing"

Please help me!!

Back
Top Bottom