Which one would you prefer and why, Fan or Water cooling?

Scythe1

Baseband Member
Ok i have a question, im building a new computer and i was wondering, which one would you go with, fan or water cooling? :confused:

depends on the environment, what system you have, how cool you want it, if you want to overclock the cpu or vid card, we need more specs dude! :)

xguynameddavex said:
depends on the environment, what system you have, how cool you want it, if you want to overclock the cpu or vid card, we need more specs dude! :)
Well the one im building is almost exact to the one i have right now, but just a few major changes, like the processor will b a intel extreme edition instead of a amd, and the video card is going to b a ATi X1800XT.

Scythe said:
Well the one im building is almost exact to the one i have right now, but just a few major changes, like the processor will b a intel extreme edition instead of a amd, and the video card is going to b a ATi X1800XT.

I don't think water cooling would be necessary then. If you have a good case with powerful fans, I don't think you would have any problem at all.

And yes i want to make mine look cool, the one i have right now is filled with ultra bright blue LED lights, i want to oc my pentium exteme edition, Operating Frequency: 3.46GHz and i want to tweak that up to 3.8GHz. I wont have any problems with the video card since the memory speed is 1.5GHz and a core clock of 625MHz.

Scythe said:

if your gonna use an intel there probably wont be no need for water cooling. :D not enough power there to get hot:D:D:D

But, fans are loud..ish..water cooling isant..

Intels get hell of alot hotter than AMD's, Intel's need water cooling more than AMD's

joxley1990 said:

Intels get hell of alot hotter than AMD's, Intel's need water cooling more than AMD's
yeah some fans are really noisey, and since im pumping up the cpu from a 3.4 to a 3.8 i guess i could try water cooling this time. After i get everything all matched up and done i want to test out which computer could run F.E.A.R. better with two dual monitors that are 20-inches each with everything on maximum detail. Happy PC gaming eveyone! :D and thanks to all for the quick replies~!

joxley1990 said:

Yea i know, its from them trying to hard to run notepad, it puts alot of load on them :D

Back
Top Bottom