One more question about installing an internal cd burner

gangster

BSOD
Before I open up my computer I need to know what do I have to do. The only thing that I want to do is take my old cd drive out and replace it with my new internal cd burner but I need to know do I suppose to take my whole computer apart or do I just take the cover of because I am scared that if I take my whole computer apart I will mess something up. From what I was told is that I have to take the cover off of my computer and take my old cd drive out and replace it with my new internal cd burner. So could someone tell me which one do I suppose to do do I take my whole computer apart or do I suppose to take the cover off of my computer and take my old cd drive out and replace it with my new internal cd burner. I am hoping that I dont have to take my whole computer apart because I am so scared that something will go wrong. Please help me. Thanks

no, you just have to open the case and maybe the cover on the opposuite side of the case opening (to reach the screws.) just unscrew the drive, unplug the wires, stick the cd burner in there, screw it in, and plug in the wires to the new cd burner the same way they were cnnected to the old one.

yep, thats it. just make sure you dont touch any of the internal components (motherboard, pci cards, ect.) basicly anytthing that looks like a computer chip lol

Make sure the master/slave jumper on the new one is in the same position as the old one.

Back
Top Bottom