One last quick Dual-monitor question

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Ok, so two.

1) I though there was a way to get the task bar to streatch across both monitors, yet I see no option to do so. Is this even possible?

2) Do both monitors have to have the same background, or can they have different ones?

I don't see any, I've looked in Nvidia control pannel and it talks about different backgrounds as a perk, but nothing to enable it.

I know it's not cloning the monitors as both are displaying different programs (that I dragged onto the secondary).

{edit}

Thanks Borat, but that doesn't work with vista. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Are you using NVIDIA Control Panel?

Open it and go to "Setup Multiple Displays" under category "Display".

From here, you can configure the monitors as "DualView", independant from eachother.

This is what I use, and I can see the taskbar on my main 22 inch and not on my 18 in. But you can still drag windows and shit over there. I like it because then everytime I open certain programs, it automatically opens them exactly where I wan't them on each monitor.

But I think you want "As one large horizontal desktop", where the task bar goes all the way across both screens. Since you only have ONE background, and ONE desktop, just on 2 displays, you can't have 2 desktop background running at once. That would just be crazy! Lol.

I think you should just take the 2 seperate pics and cut them together in PShop as one wide picture.

Hope that helps!

if you want to do that the best software is ultramon, but its not free.

for separate backgrounds, create one pic with both in it. then use horizontal span mode to get the task bar, and to be able to display that wallpaper.

Cool, I like that picture Idea. I'll merge one together at school and give it a shot when I get home.

I use Display Fusion for setting up multiple wallpapers. Right now I just have a huge wallpaper stretched across both my monitors. This program will let you do virtually anything with your wallpapers. Best of all its free and much easier than merging pictures together.

Display Fusion

This is my background in a stretch mode. I may have to check out the extend taskbar you should be able to tell were my primary monitor ends and were it stretches to the other one.

mydesktoptm2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom